Oxymoron Diaries

Oxymoron Diaries
Oxymoron Dairies on sale now

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Oxymoron Diaries | Numb Feeling

Oxymoron Diaries|Numb Feeling. I've had this one in draft mode for awhile now, simply because I was too ticked at myself to write it. Ticked at myself because the oxymoron "numb feeling" I'm talking about is inspired by my own thumb. Yes, my thumb.

Okay, so here's the story ... I was making a vat full of spaghetti sauce about a month ago. When making a VAT of anything, you need BIG cans of ingredients. On this particular day, that would mean a can of tomato puree the size of a footstool. Kinda hard to get one of those suckers open, but I gave it my best shot. Unfortunately, my best shot ended with blood splattering the backsplash of the sink and me screaming obscenities. It also ended with my thumb now having a numb feeling over most of its surface.
oxymoron diaries | numb feeling



oxymoron diaries | numb feeling



I'm thinking if after a month I still can't feel a dang thing when I touch my thumb, that perhaps the can lid that sliced through my thumb must have severed a nerve.

Hence the numb feeling. Hence the numb thumb.

Hence the oxymoron. Hence the blog post.


oxymoron diaries | numb feeling

Oxymoron Diaries | Twelve Ounce Poundcake on sale now

No comments:

Post a Comment