Oxymoron Diaries

Oxymoron Diaries
Oxymoron Dairies on sale now

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oxymoron Diaries | Comfortable Stilettos and Just back from Vegas, Baby!

Oxymoron Diaries | Comfortable Stilettos. I'm just back from a meeting in Las Vegas and boy, oh boy, was it ripe with oxymorons. In fact, I have a new appreciation for the term Oxymoron.

First on my list is Comfortable Stilettos.

Hard as a tried, my feet were a hurtin' from the git go.

I needed to wear heels for my meetings so I had no choice. Plus my new blue suit was a bit conservative and the length on the skirt was about an inch too long. The only thing I could do to change that quickly was to up my heel height, right? Yeah, right. Ouch.

Below is evidence of the crime scene. Believe me when I say these suckers were 5 inches if they were an inch. Only a three quarter inch platform though. They looked fantastic. My legs were gorgeous. Problem was my toes were fire engine red when I took them off.
Platinum Stilettos


You would think I'd learn my lesson, but no. Heaven forbid I hit the Strip in comfortable shoes. Not with all those long legs, micro mini skirts and sky high shoes going on all over the place. I refused to look like I was from Ohio.

So, pair #2 looked like this ... even higher and with a 1 inch platform. Plus peep toes, so all that height made my toes try to squish out the little peep toe. Double ouch. Double red.
Black Stilettos






I finally resorted to my foldable flat ballet slippers that I never leave home without. I looked like a dork, but I wasn't screaming and wincing with every step I took. I did, however, put on my favorite cap so no one would recognize me looking like a dork. If I had been wearing capri jeans or a skirt I could have pulled it off, but I had on long flared brown dress jeans and had to tuck three inches of fabric into the back of the flats. "Dork" was probably an understatement. The people I was with made me walk in back of them ... way in back of them.
Foldable Flats




My only relief before I resorted to foldable flats was to sit down and try my luck at the penny slots.

Hence, my next post will be titled ... Oxymoron Diaries|Frugal Gambler.

I did notice at the airport on the way home that pretty much everyone, every man, woman, and child had flip flops on and their toes were fire engine red. So I don't feel quite so stupid or vain.

Stay tuned for Frugal Gambler, Delicious Buffet, and perhaps a few other Oxymoron Diary entries.

Later ... I gotta go soak my feet.
Seriously.
Epson salts and the whole nine yards.

Love ya ...
If you enjoyed what you read up there in Comfortable Stiletto Land, you might just like a work of fiction called The Oxymoron Diaries "Twelve Ounce Poundcake". Check out the right side bar for info on how to download from Amazon. It's a full length novel.
Click here to find out even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment