Oxymoron Diaries

Oxymoron Diaries
Oxymoron Dairies on sale now

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Oxymoron Diaries | Working Vacation

Oxymoron Diaries | Working Vacation. Jeff Foxworthy the comic and actor once said that "you must be a redneck if you live anywhere where the temperature varies 50 degrees in one day."

Well, I live in NW Ohio and usually in late March it averages around 44 degrees. Yesterday it hit 84 degrees and the low was low fifties. Not quite a fifty degree variance, but darn near close! In fact it's been in the low to mid eighties for almost a week. And the week before that it was in the seventies. Most years we have 15 inches of snow right about now!
oxymoron diaries | working vacation
So, what to do, what to do ... today, what to do. I don't wanna work. But I gotta.

So, I have mapped out my day to include relaxation AND work. I've done my Top 5 Things To Do Today and those five include "play in the garden dirt" and "sit on the patio doing nothing." The other 3 are business-related.

oxymoron diaries | working vacationUnfortunately, one of the 3 that are business-related includes "finish up paperwork", so maybe the garden and patio will have to wait. Not enough hours in the day my friends.

In my defense, I am way behind because we had a major electrical issue that could have burned the house down, so most of this week has been spent with large portions of the house in darkness before our favorite electrician could decipher the problem. I'm told it's not good when you turn on a lightswitch and all the lights blink furiously while simultaneously making a SIZZLING sound. Not good at all. Did I mention that they then simply went dead?

Turns out we have two problems. The sizzling circuit has been corrected. The electrical panel that was manufactured by a company that's been nicknamed "Fire Pacific" has not.

Hmmmm, I think I forgot to add to my Top 5 Things to do today the following ... purchase more smoke detectors. Right after I finish my paperwork.
oxymoron diaries
Click here to Like The Oxymoron Diaries on Facebook
Click here to Subscribe to The Oxymoron Diaries
Click here for an excerpt of The Oxymoron Diaries "Twelve Ounce Poundcake".
Click here to purchase The Oxymoron Diaries on Kindle.
Click here to purchase The Oxymoron Diaries on Nook.
Click here for a FREE Kindle download for your PC, iPad or smartphone.
Click here for Oxymoron Diaries on Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment